Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Are We "Dynamic" Yet?

 


This scene, Grand Traverse Bay on a rainy morning, wasn't loaded with color, but I tried the HDR shooting mode, anyway, to see what it would capture, and I liked the result. HDR stands for "high dynamic range." The camera takes three consecutive shots, with different exposures, in quick succession and combines them. You can read more about HDR here

I had shot my meadow the day before in HDR, and this was the result:


What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I have only shot in HD once, out at a lavender farm when another photography showed me how. I'd forgotten all about that option until you pointed it out to me in this post. I will need to try. I like both images. I've only been back home a week and I already miss my Lake Michigan. I love your bay shot, and think it kind of reminds me of your David's paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Pamela. It would have been nice to see the non-HDR shots in comparison.

    ReplyDelete