Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Masters of the Cochise County Winter Sky

 


They were not airborne when I arrived at Twin Lakes about 1 p.m. but all clustered in the shallow water. The ones that look the most out of focus above are reflections of the standing birds. 




I drove around to another part of the pond, where the background of my photos would be the peaks of Dos Cabezas. And for some reason totally unclear to me, the birds took flight. It was not my presence; there were several other vehicles and even a couple of photographers with tripods. No problem, of course, because they are magnificent in the air. The only trouble I'm having now, as I look at what my camera caught, is deciding which is my favorite -- if I had to pick just one. What do you think? And I'm making it easy! I'm not posting every shot!

one

two

three


four

five

six

seven

eight


nine

ten








3 comments:

  1. Wow - this is hard Pamela! I choose #1. I love the soaring of the birds and find multiple focuses on birds, mountains, sky and water. There's so much texture and story in the photo I could look at for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the third or fourth person to chose the first one, Deborah. I keep looking at each one and moving on and then back and can't decide....

    ReplyDelete
  3. First one. Clearest, most strong composition, excellent backdrop.

    ReplyDelete