Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Glory in the Morning

 


A desiccated floral beauty in the wash caught my eye the other morning, and I asked my hiking partner what it was. "Morning glory," she said, pointing out the dry vine twisted around branches of its host. 


Suddenly, then, I began seeing it everywhere, wrapped around branches much the way Therese and I had wrapped Christmas lights around the century plant "Christmas tree" for the weekend show at the gallery.



And now, at last, I could make sense of this phone photo Therese sent me last summer, when the morning glories were all in glorious bloom in the wash.









4 comments:

  1. So beautiful, both summer and now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is, Dawn. I don't find the high desert "hostile" or "forbidding," though it pays to watch out for thorns and spines and all kinds of stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is, Dawn. I don't find the high desert "hostile" or "forbidding," though it pays to watch out for thorns and spines and all kinds of stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete