Search This Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2019

For My Faraway Friends




Sun was just peeking over the top of the eastern woods when Sarah and I went out for our first morning walk. Breeze was cool, brisk, clouds heavenly.


In a little while, the whole pack went up to Northport, and while the Artist met with friends at Barb's Bakery, Sarah and I took the time for another country walk, this one north of the village. 

Wide, open spaces!

Color is coming on

Even the poison ivy is beautiful!

Sarah is such a good girl, sitting by the side of the road and waiting on command when a car or truck is coming by. Even without being commanded to sit, though, she stops frequently to sniff the ground or a weed waving in the breeze, because what her nose tells her on our walks is as important to her as what I receive through my eyes and ears is to me. And I just can't stop taking pictures of her (one out of every four exposures on camera or phone is usually Sarah), especially when she is backlit by the morning sun. 

These are not art photographs in any sense, and the scenes are not exotic. This is simply my very ordinary daily life, the life I am so fortunate to have, and I wanted to share it with my friends in far-flung parts of this country and the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment